Joyful worshipping

I truly want to let my child see that worshiping God can be so much fun and I am thinking of ways to do that. So what I have done this week is to take a stick and tie a very long ribbon to it. We went outside and I made lots of different moves with it while singing worship songs. You know, like the gymnasts do:) Simeon kept on running behind me and trying to catch it. What was wonderful is that it turned into two occasions for talking about God's Word. Being a boy, he recognized it as a whip, because we recently learnt how the Egyptian taskmasters was very hard on the Israelites using whips. So I took the chance to illustrate how they shouted and how a whip works. Then, because I got a book of the story of David and Goliath, he saw the stick as a spear and we practiced throwing a spear. He also chased me with it.
We had such fun and once again I praise God for this opportunity to make His wonderful Word come alive for my little boy.

0 Response to "Joyful worshipping"

Post a Comment