I have been working through the stories of the Bible with my little boy of two years and it has been such a blessing. I found a resource which provided a list of the 100 most well-known stories of the Old Testament and the New Testament. This has been my guideline more or less. The reason why I have decided to do it this way is because I believe that I need to give my little boy a very good foundation. I mean, we talk Jesus all the time, but who is He and why is He important. Why is His life significant. What does it mean that He is the Lamb of God, or the Good Shepherd. Jesus only makes sense when one has a good knowledge of the Old Testament and of God's purposes from before the Creation. I tell a story every day, trying to highlight God's attributes. I also have a whiteboard on which I draw a picture for my son. On the whiteboard there will be a range of pictures so that my son is continually reminded of the context. I also try to tell the stories during the day when we are driving and read them when he goes to sleep. It is truly paying of as he will go through the children's Bible and say "Look, Noah and the ark! Look, Adam and Eve and the snake! Where is the tree? Look, the well (in which Joseph was thrown)! Where are the fat cows?" etc. I have four different children's Bibles to show different pictures. I have also started to make a book of all my drawings so that we can go through them again and again.

0 Response to "A story a day"
Post a Comment