The ten plagues

At this moment we are doing the ten plagues and I praise God for His timing, seeing that Passover is around the corner and we will be able to celebrate it with my son having a good context for why we are doing it. I have had such fun with the plagues. For the water turned into blood, I took a see-through tupperware and filled it with water. I then took a medicine dripper and took some red food colouring and made the water turn red. My son loved it. I placed it in a strategic place (the bathroom) where he would see it often so that we can talk about it throughout the day.
For the second plague, I cut out many green frogs and just as I was about to tell the story, I said to him I needed to do something and I placed the frogs on the stairs, in the bath, in the pasta, in his plate and cup, on the table, so that He could understand that they were everywhere. He was very excited and I made a huge deal about the frogs. They are still lying around, three days later, so we are still talking about the second plague. The third plague was tricky as he doesn't know what a gnat is and there wasn't any to show. So for the fourth plague of dog flies, I pinched him playfully and lightly all over his body which made him laugh and I did that every now and again throughout the day saying "o no, the flies are here" or something like that. He loved it.
I've also printed out pictures which he colours in (just scribbling at this stage) and another idea is to use play dough to model the story.
God's Word is so amazing and so teachable to these little minds. I praise Him for that!

0 Response to "The ten plagues"

Post a Comment