"A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master. It is enough for the disciple to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master." Matt 10v24-25
Christ was always first the example to His disciples of what He expected from them. In the same way, if I want Simeon to show honour, then I must model honour; if I want him to love, then I must love; if I want him to serve, then I must serve; if I want him to be self-disciplined, then I must be self-disciplined; etc.
I find it also amazing that Christ is willing for us to be like Him. I have found much comfort and love in His words: If anyone does not deny himself, he cannot be my disciple. He wants to come and make His dwelling with us and teach us so intimately as He taught the first disciples. He know we will be happiest when we deny our selves. Such honest love blows me away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Response to "Be an example"
Post a Comment