Jesus was present

If one considers the 3 years that Jesus spent with His disciples, one sees that He was always with them. They ate, drank and lived togather. Theye moved from town to town and went through the valley of the shadow of death together (when they were in the storms). They saw Him preach, teach, love, heal and share. They saw His love for and joy in the Father. All this was only possible because He was with them day in and day out to model how they should live through every situation that could cross their paths.

In the same way, we as parents (and especially mothers) must be present in our children's lives, taking them through every moment and showing them how that should live and react in each circumstance. Realising this, I have stopped wanting instant results from my disciplining methods and have seen how I can teach Simeon the how to's of this life. I have realised that this is a journey, not a one-stop shop. I also see the incredible privilege of discipling a little one in this life.

At the same time, I love Jesus Christ for His way of teaching. How gentle, how compassionate, how patient! What a Saviour!

0 Response to "Jesus was present"

Post a Comment