Today we had a "field trip" to Lifestyle (a garden and home shop) to buy a pair of Wellington boots for Simeon. Leviah was asleep. Simeon was very obedient and held onto my skirt most of the time so that he won't just run off. There is also a pet shop and Simeon enjoyed all the bunnies. There were ponies and chickens as well. We were looking at the orchids and I had many occasions to show Simeon the beauty of creation and to praise the Lord. We actually had fun and my soul was energized by the beauty of the plants and of the displays for home decor.
On our way back Simeon was saying (more or less) "Thank you, Lord, for the bunnies; and thank You, Lord, for the ponies; and thank You, Lord, for my shoes." I was just amazed, because I often feel that I need to thank the Lord more openly before my children, and yet the few times that I have done it, Simeon has picked it up and is starting to show a thankful heart to the Giver of all good things. "Out of the mouth of babes You have ordained praise."
Part of our worship to God and of teaching our children how to worship God is by having a thankful spirit in all circumstances. May God give us the childlike attitude of thanksgiving:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Response to "Thank you, Lord"
Post a Comment